Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke on phone on Monday to wish each other on the new year. While the two leaders mainly focused on bilateral cooperation and current international issues, Vladimir Putin also took the opportunity to wish Narendra Modi for the 2019 Lok Sabha polls, a Russian diplomatic source told India Today TV.
The statement put out by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said that Putin and Modi also discussed defence and counter-terrorism.
"The two leaders appreciated the major milestones achieved in the Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership between the two countries in the past year. Recalling successful wide-ranging discussions, inter alia, in Sochi in May 2018 and during President Putin's visit to New Delhi in October for the Annual Summit, the leaders agreed to maintain the momentum in the bilateral relations, said the statement.
- Indianexpress Putin calls Modi: Discusses key strategic issues, wishes success in Lok Sabha polls
- News18 Putin Calls PM Modi to Discuss Key Strategic Issues, Wishes Him Success in LS Polls
- Financialexpress PM Narendra Modi, President Vladimir Putin hold telephonic conversation
- Timesofindia PM Narendra Modi, Russian President Vladimir Putin hold telephonic conversation
- Financialexpress PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Norwegian PM Erna Solberg