Terrorism here to stay as long as nations use it as state policy, says Army chief General Bipin Rawat
New Delhi: Asserting that terrorism is fast becoming a new form of warfare, Army chief, General Bipin Rawat, said on Wednesday that the menace is spreading its head like a "multi-headed monster" and is "here to stay" as long as countries continue to use it as a state policy.
Rawat, speaking at a panel discussion at the Raisina Dialogue in the national capital, also said that there was need to control social media as it was aiding the spread of radicalisation.
He said a different kind of radicalisation was being witnessed in India and in Jammu and Kashmir, where youth have been getting radicalised due to "misinformation, disinformation, and a lot of falsehoods on religion" being fed to them.
- India.com Terrorism will stay as long as nations use it as state policy: Army Chief Bipin Rawat
- Indianexpress Need to curb social media as it is spreading radicalisation: Army chief Bipin Rawat
- Ndtv Terrorism To stay As Long As Nations Use It As State Policy: Army Chief
- Scroll.in Nations are using terrorism as state policy, says Army chief Bipin Rawat
- Thequint Social Media Becoming Source of Radicalisation, Says Army Chief