
Sambhal violence: Judicial panel submits report after 9 months
, 4 news, a view
At least four people were killed and several others injured in the violence that erupted near the Shahi Jama Masjid on November 24 last year during protests against a court-ordered survey of the Mughal era mosque, which the Hindu side claims was built after razing a Harihar temple.
“The judicial commission constituted to probe the Sambhal incident has submitted its report to the chief minister,” principal secretary (home), Sanjay Prasad, told reporters.
When asked about the content of the report, Prasad said he could only speak about it after studying it.