Uttar Pradesh lawmaker Savitribai Phule resigns from BJP, alleges party trying to create divisions in society
Phule has long been critical of the party's leadership. The Dalit leader said her objective was to get the Constitution implemented in letter and spirit. She said she will launch an agitation to champion the cause of Dalits from 23 December, adding that the country needs a Constitution, not a temple.
Phule has recently been in the limelight for saying that Lord Hanuman was “a Dalit and a slave of ‘manuwadi’ people". She had also targeted Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath for his comments on the caste of Hanuman.
- Thequint ‘BJP Trying To Divide’: Savitribai Phule Quits as Bahraich MP
- Hindustantimes 'BJP trying to divide society', says Uttar Pradesh MP Savitribai Phule, resigns...
- Indianexpress BJP Dalit MP Savitri Bai Phule resigns, says ‘party creating divisions in society’
- Scroll.in BJP MP Savitri Bai Phule quits party, accuses it of attempting to divide society
- Timesofindia UP BJP MP Savitribai Phule resigns from party