As Uttar Pradesh votes for Gorakhpur and Phulpur Lok Sabha constituencies vacated by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and his deputy Keshav Prasad Maurya, the ruling BJP, the Samajwadi Party (SP) and the Congress gear up for a triangular contest in the bypolls. The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) put aside its decades-old enmity with Samajwadi Party to support a common candidate.
- UP: Voting underway for Phulpur, Gorakhpur– Economictimes.indiatimes.com
- Uttar Pradesh by-elections 2018: Keshav Prasad Maurya says BJP will repeat 2014 Lok Sabha record– Firstpost.com
- BJP will repeat 2014 LS record: UP deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya on bypolls– Economictimes.indiatimes.com
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls: Gorakhpur records 17% voting till 11am, Phulpur 12%– Hindustantimes.com
- BJP will repeat 2014 Lok Sabha record: Keshav Prasad Maurya on bypolls– Indianexpress.com