NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court will on Tuesday pronounce its verdict on petitions filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Director Alok Verma and NGO Common Cause challenging the Centre's decision to send him on leave and divest him of all responsibilities.
In an unprecedented shake-up in CBI's 55-year-history in October, both CBI Director Alok Verma and Special Director Rakesh Asthana were stripped of their powers and sent on leave in dramatic overnight action by the government.
Joint Director M Nageswar Rao, a 1986-batch Odisha cadre IPS officer, was appointed to look after the "duties and functions" of the director with "immediate effect" as an "interim measure" following the order.
- Indiatoday CBI vs CBI: D-Day for Alok Verma tomorrow
- Scroll.in CBI row: SC to rule on Tuesday on Alok Verma’s plea against Centre’s move to send him on leave
- Timesofindia CBI vs CBI: SC verdict on Tuesday
- Indianexpress CBI vs CBI: SC to pronounce verdict on Alok Verma’s plea tomorrow
- Firstpost CBI vs CBI: Supreme Court to pronounce verdict tomorrow on Alok Verma’s plea against decision to…