New Delhi, Dec 7: The Supreme Court has issued notices to the Enforcement Directorate on a plea by Vijay Mallya seeking to remove the 'fugitive' tag against his name.
The plea comes a day after he made repeated offers to persuade Indian authorities to accept his settlement before the Karnataka High Court. The Westminster Magistrate's court is due to deliver its verdict on a plea by India seeking to extradite Mallya from the United Kingdom.
He urged the banks to accept his offer and said that the huge loans that he had taken from them went into keeping the now-defunct Kingfisher Airlines afloat despite high jet fuel prices. Mallya also claimed that his vast liquor empire, the United Breweries, contributed "handsomely" to state exchequers.
- Oneindia To strike off ‘fugitive’ tag, Mallya moves SC
- Firstpost Daily bulletin: Telangana, Rajasthan vote today; SC to hear Vijay Mallya’s plea against ‘fugitive’…
- India.com Vijay Mallya Moves SC to Remove ‘Fugitive’ Tag Against His Name
- Firstpost SC notice to ED on Mallya’s plea against proceedings to declare him fugitive economic offender
- Business-standard SC agrees to hear Vijay Mallya plea against fugitive economic offender tag