Petrol price breached the Rs 70 a litre-mark and diesel crossed Rs 64-mark Monday after rates were hiked for the fifth consecutive day on rising input cost.
Petrol price was raised by 38 paise per litre and diesel by 49 paise a litre, according to price notification issued by state-owned oil firms.
In Delhi, petrol now costs Rs 70.13 a litre and diesel is priced at Rs 64.18.
This is the fifth consecutive day of increase in rates and sixth hike this month. Rates on Sunday were increased by 49 paise per litre in case of petrol and 59 paise for diesel. In all, prices have gone up by Rs 1.84 a litre for petrol and by Rs 2.02 for diesel in the new year.
- Indiatoday Petrol price crosses Rs 70 in Delhi, diesel retails over Rs 64. Check latest rates
- Firstpost Petrol price goes past Rs 70-mark in Delhi as fuel rates rise for fifth straight day; Brent crude…
- Ndtv Fuel Prices Hiked For The 6th Time In 2019
- India.com Fuel Prices See Marginal Increase; Petrol Stands at Rs 70.13/Litre in Delhi, Rs 75.77/Litre in…
- Financialexpress Petrol price today: Petrol crosses Rs 70/ litre mark in Delhi; check latest rates in major cities
- Scroll.in Fuel prices increase again, petrol costs Rs 70.13 in Delhi