Washington, Dec 6: Former president George W Bush on Wednesday, December 5, paid an emotional farewell to his father George H W Bush, also a former president, who died at his residence in Houston, Texas, last week aged 94.
Speaking at the National Cathedral in Washington where his father lied in state, the 43rd incumbent of the White House gave a 12-minute speech in which he reflected on his father's close bond with his six children, his love for Barbara to whom he was married for 73 years (the longest presidential marriage in the history of the US) and his enduring affection for Robin, the daughter he lost at the age of just four in 1954. She died of leukemia.
Bush said during his speech: "The best father a son or daughter can have" with his voice shaking. "And in our grief, let us smile knowing that dad is hugging Robin and holding mom's hand again." Barbara Bush passed away in April this year.
- Oneindia Americans wear colourful socks to pay final tributes to George H W Bush
- Ndtv Trump’s 250 Yard, 8-Vehicle Motorcade To Greet Bush Jr Across The Street
- India.com World Leaders Attend George H.W. Bush’s Funeral at The US Capitol
- Thehindu George H.W. Bush funeral, SpaceX launch, and other news in pictures
- Financialexpress George HW Bush funeral: No bonhomie on display between US President Donald Trump, his predecessors;…