A meeting of the Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, cleared the Bill, which will now be tabled in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday, PTI quoted sources as saying.
The move came within hours of the presentation in Lok Sabha of a report of the Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the bill that was first introduced in Parliament in 2016.
- Firstpost Redrafted Citizenship Amendment Bill cleared by Union Cabinet, expected to be tabled in Lok Sabha…
- Timesofindia Union Cabinet clears Citizenship Amendment Bill, to be introduced in Lok Sabha on Tuesday
- Indianexpress Union Cabinet clears Citizenship Amendment Bill, to be introduced in Lok Sabha Tuesday
- Firstpost Joint Parliamentary Committee report on Citizenship Amendment Bill tabled in Lok Sabha amid…
- Timesofindia Report by JPC on Citizenship Bill tabled in Lok Sabha