Banker-turned-politician Meera Sanyal died Friday after a brief illness.
AAP leader and Delhi's deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia confirmed her death in a tweet, saying the country has lost a sharp economic brain and a gentle soul.
In her 30-year-old banking career before surprising all by plunging into politics, the Kochi-born Sanyal had also served as the head of corporate finance and chief operating officer for ABN Amro for Asia.
- Thequint AAP Member and Former Banker Meera Sanyal Passes Away at 57
- Indianexpress Former banker, AAP leader Meera Sanyal passes away
- Firstpost Meera Sanyal dead at 57: AAP member and former CEO of Royal Bank of Scotland passes away after…
- News18 Meera Sanyal, Former RBS India Head and AAP Politician, Passes Away
- Oneindia Banker-turned-politician Meera Sanyal passes away