“My state will not contribute 40% of the funds for the Ayushman scheme,” she said at a rally in Nadia district. “The Centre has to pay the full amount if it wants to run the scheme.”
Banerjee asked why the state was expected to fund a part of the programme when Prime Minister Narendra Modi was allegedly claiming credit for it, NDTV reported. “Why should we contribute to Ayushman Bharat if the prime minister’s face is on the letterhead with a picture of lotus instead of the symbol of the Indian government?” she asked.
- Oneindia West Bengal pulls out of Centre’s flagship Ayushman Bharat scheme
- India.com You pay, we won’t: Mamata Banerjee says no to contributing to PM Modi’s Ayushman Bharat fund
- Scroll.in West Bengal pulls out of Ayushman Bharat health scheme, CM says Modi is taking all the credit
- News18 Mamata Junks Ayushman Bharat, Accuses PM Modi of Sending Letters to People Claiming Credit for…
- Firstpost West Bengal pulls out of Ayushman Bharat; Mamata Banerjee accuses NDA of running ‘parallel…