The Justice H S Bedi committee, which investigated several cases of alleged fake encounter in Gujarat from 2002 to 2006, has recommended prosecution of police officials in three out of the 17 cases probed by it.
In its final report filed in the apex court, Justice Bedi has said three persons -- Sameer Khan, Kasam Jafar and Haji Haji Ismail -- were prime facie killed in fake encounters by the Gujarat Police officials.
The committee has indicted a total of nine police officials, including three inspector rank officer.
- Timesofindia Gujarat encounters: Justice Bedi panel recommends prosecution of 9 cops in 3 out of 17 cases
- Indianexpress Probe report finds 3 Gujarat encounters fake, says prosecute guilty cops
- Timesofindia 3 Gujarat encounters in 2002-07 were fake: Panel
- Indiatoday Justice Bedi SC panel indicts 9 cops, says 3 out of 17 Gujarat encounters fake
- Ndtv Justice Bedi Panel Finds 3 Gujarat Encounters Fake, Indicts 9 Cops