New Delhi, Jan 12: Hitting back at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his remarks that people have to chose between a "majboor" (helpless) and a "majboot" (strong) government in the upcoming general election, the Congress on Saturday said the 2019 Lok Sabha polls would be a fight between dictatorship and democracy.
On Modi's attack on states ruled by opposition parties for withdrawing the general consent to the CBI and his remarks that he had not resorted to such a measure when he was targeted by central agencies under the UPA rule, Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari retorted, saying investigating bodies were not used as a political tool under his party's rule to target rivals.
Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and Chhattisgarh have withdrawn the general consent to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in these states.
- Financialexpress LS polls a fight between dictatorship, democracy: Congress on PM Modi ‘majboor-vs-majboot-sarkar’…
- Ndtv “Fight Between Dictatorship, Democracy”: Congress On PM’s “Majboor” Remark
- Deccanchronicle It's majboot vs majboor, one man vs rest: PM Modi
- Indianexpress 2019 a fight between dictatorship, democracy: Congress
- Firstpost ‘Lok Sabha polls a fight between dictatorship and democracy’: Congress on Modi’s ‘majboor vs majboot…