In maiden visit to Rajasthan post election win, Rahul Gandhi to sharpen Lok Sabha pitch after Modi’s quota googly
Congress chief Rahul Gandhi will be addressing a farmers’ rally in Rajasthan on Wednesday, in his first visit to the state after the party’s poll victory in the recently concluded assembly election in the state. The party president’s visit comes at a time when Centre’s surprise proposal for 10 per cent quota for upper caste poor was approved by the Lok Sabha with an overwhelming majority.
The Modi government’s quick move has left the Opposition squandering for a counter with most parties choosing not to object to the Centre’s move to provide 10 per cent to upper caste poor. Rahul Gandhi, who had led the Opposition’s charge against the government on the Rafale deal, will need to sharpen his attack against PM Narendra Modi.
The government’s quota move threatens to blunt the opposition in more ways than one. In the run-up to the Rajasthan polls, the Congress party had promised Gurjars and communities such as Raika, Banjara and Gadia Luhar of 5 per cent quota in its manifesto ahead of the polls which it won. Now, with the 10% quota for upper caste passed in the Parliament, the reservation issue could take centre stage in the state again.
- Timesofindia 'Answer my question': Rahul Gandhi attacks PM Narendra Modi on Rafale deal
- Indiatoday Rafale deal stopped by Michel mama? PM Modi redirects fire at Rahul Gandhi
- Ndtv "Was Deal Stopped Because Of Michel Mama?" PM's Rafale Jab At Congress
- Oneindia ‘Stop shaking. be a man’: Rahul Gandhi hits back at PM Modi
- Scroll.in Rahul Gandhi draws flak for saying Modi asked ‘a woman to defend him’ during Rafale debate