Heavy rains from the early hours of Tuesday has once again left Mumbai rather vulnerable with reports of submerged roads and slow traffic movement being reported from several parts of the city. While the BMC promises better preparedness for the rains each year, Mumbaikars each year have to face repeated hardships and this time is no different.
Following are the live and latest updates of all rain-related developments from the Maximum City:
* Central railway has extended routes of some locals to clear extra rush from Ghatkopar station.
* News agency ANI reports that two people have received injuries at the site where part of the Andheri bridge collapsed.
* Central Railway says crowd management machinery bolstered at all of its stations from Ghatkopar onwards. Harbour line passengers can travel on Central Railway.
* An NDRF team is at the spot. Sources say rescue personnel suspect people may be trapped under the debris.
* Between 25 lakh to 30 lakh people daily make use of the railway line which passes through the area where a part of the Andheri bridge collapsed. The morning peak hours see maximum rush.
* A video shot by a local commuter shows the part of the Andheri bridge which collapsed:
* No flight delays reported so far from or to Mumbai airport. If rain persists in its intensity, there is a strong possibility of flights getting either cancelled or diverted.
* Western Ra...