In a move that is bound to enrage India, the UN Human Rights body has ripped into both India and Pakistan for human rights violations in Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistan Occupied Kashmir. In a report, the UN body has laid out recommendations for both countries and very controversially asked India to "respect the self-determination of the people of Kashmir".
- India rejects UN human rights report on Kashmir as fallacious, Pak welcomes probe proposal– Indianexpress.com
- 'Selective compilation of unverified info': India slams UN Kashmir report– Timesofindia.indiatimes.com
- BJP, Congress trash UN report on human rights in Kashmir– Economictimes.indiatimes.com
- Congress supports govt stand on UN report on Kashmir, says it is prejudiced– Indianexpress.com
- India says UN report 'fallacious', violates territorial integrity– Business-standard.com