The New York Times reports that law enforcement officials became so concerned by President Donald Trump’s behavior in the days after he fired FBI Director James Comey that they began investigating whether he had been working for Russia against US interests.
The report, published late Friday, cites unnamed former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.
Special counsel Robert Mueller took over the investigation when he was appointed soon after Comey’s firing. The Times says it’s unclear whether Mueller is still pursuing it.
- Business-standard FBI opened inquiry into whether Trump was secretly working for Russia
- Financialexpress FBI opened probe into whether Donald Trump working for Russians, says report
- Oneindia FBI opened probe into whether Trump working for Russians: Report
- Firstpost FBI opened inquiry into whether Donald Trump was secretly working for Russia, claims bombshell New…
- Ndtv FBI Opened Probe Into Whether Trump Was Working For Russians: Report