US president Donald Trump will pick state department spokesperson and a former journalist Heather Nauert as the ambassador to the United Nations to succeed Nikki Haley.
Haley is set to leave the coveted cabinet-rank position seen as the face of American diplomacy at the global body later this month.
In another development on the personnel front, William Barr, who headed the justice department under late president George HW Bush, has emerged as the top contender to follow Jeff Sessions as attorney general, to head a department that oversees special counsel probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential elections.
- Firstpost Trump to pick State Department spokeswoman for U.N. ambassador: source
- Ndtv Trump To Pick Heather Nauert As UN Envoy, To Replace Nikki Haley: Sources
- Thehindu State spokeswoman Trump’s choice for UN ambassador
- Ndtv Donald Trump Nominates Ex-Fox News Anchor Heather Nauert As UN Envoy
- Oneindia Trump nominates ex Fox News journalist Heather Nauert as Haley’s successor at UN