Democratic US Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii said in remarks aired by CNN on Friday that she will run for president in 2020, becoming the latest member of her party to pursue a challenge to Republican President Donald Trump.
"I have decided to run and will be making a formal announcement within the next week," Gabbard, a liberal 37-year-old Iraq War veteran as well as the first Hindu and first Samoan-American elected to the US Congress, told CNN.
US Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts on December 31 announced she had formed an exploratory committee for a White House run in what is expected to be a crowded Democratic primary field before the November 2020 presidential election.
- Firstpost Democrat Gabbard says she will run for U.S. president in 2020
- Firstpost U.S. Democratic Rep. Gabbard says she will run for president in 2020
- Firstpost U.S. Democratic Rep. Gabbard says will run for president in 2020 – CNN
- Ndtv Tulsi Gabbard Confirms 2020 US Presidential Run
- Ndtv Tulsi Gabbard Says She Will Run For US Presidency In 2020