A Delhi court on Friday extended till February 1 interim protection from arrest to former Union minister P Chidambaram and his son Karti from arrest in the Aircel-Maxis scam.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini put up the matter for February 1 after Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the CBI, told the court that the ongoing probe was about to be completed.
The case relates to alleged irregularities in grant of FIPB approval in the Aircel-Maxis deal.
Senior advocates Kapil Sibal and A.M. Singhvi, appearing for the father-son duo, sought extension of protection granted to Chidambarams.
- Indianexpress Aircel-Maxis case: Court extends protection from arrest to P Chidambaram, son Karti till Feb 1
- Financialexpress Aircel-Maxis case: Protection from arrest to Chidambaram extended till Feb 1
- Business-standard Aircel-Maxis case: Chidambaram, son get protection from arrest till Feb 1
- Scroll.in Aircel-Maxis case: Court extends relief from arrest granted to P Chidambaram, son till February 1
- Timesofindia Aircel-Maxis case: Protection from arrest to Chidambaram extended till Feb 1