In a twist to Bulandshahr mob violence case, an Army Jawan has emerged as a key suspect in the killing of inspector Subodh Singh. A UP police team was sent to Jammu to arrest the Army Jawan. Taking the total number of arrest to nine, five more people were nabbed in the case, reported news agency PTI.
According to police, Jeetu alias Fauji of Mahav village is the accused in the case. The Jawan is untraceable since the incident. Jeetu’s actual name is Jeetendra Malik and he is the 11th suspect named in the first information report (FIR) lodged at Siyana police station on December 4.
“We hope that he will be arrested soon,” Inspector General (Crime) S K Bhagat said, adding the Special Investigation Team (SIT) formed to probe the case would be able to ascertain his actual role.
- Hindustantimes Jawan under scanner for firing during Bulandshahr violence
- India.com Bulandshahr Violence: Army Jawan, Seen in Viral Videos, May Have Shot Inspector Dead, Say Reports
- Oneindia Army Jawan seen in videos may have shot inspector dead, say reports
- Outlookindia Soldier Seen In Bulandshahr Violence Videos May Have Fired Bullet That Killed UP Cop: Reports
- Deccanchronicle Army jawan seen in Bulandshahr mob violence videos suspected of killing UP cop